Sunday, July 15, 2012

Facebook

As of September 2011, Facebook had claimed 800 million users and still growing to reach 1 Billion next month.  This post is not to evaluate Facebook nor to make a review; but to share what I found somewhere in the web how FB had specifically impacted Agnes.  It made me smile.

Read on!

'Agnes was 101 years old and had been a professional comedian for 54 years.  She knew that she was very near her end, so she had her staff contact her only next of kin, her granddaughter.  


The granddaughter flew to her bedside, and could plainly see the end was near.  Agnes weakly hugged her and asked her to pull up a chair.  Her grandchild leaned in close to hear, as Agnes said.  


"Sweetie, I am leaving you with everything I own, including my farm.  That includes the villa, tractor and other equipment, the farmhouse, orchards and $22,398,750.78 in cash."  


The granddaughter, absolutely floored by the realization she was about to become rich, said, "Oh Granny, you are so very generous! I didn't even know you had a farm.  Where is it?"  


With the last of her strength, and her very last breath, Agnes whispered, "On facebook..."'  

No comments:

Post a Comment